Although Zen Health Fitness believes in a balanced diet, you know meat, vegetables, salad. Sometimes it great to just rock a vegetable dish on its own.
We often do a 14 day detox where we cut out meat based protein and all the other things that you enjoy that are bad for you.
Finding a decent, vegetable curry dish can be a little difficult. We found an amazing vietnamese vegetable curry dish you can cook anytime:
Vietnamese Vegetable Curry Recipe
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 long red chili
- 1 bunch coriander stems (keep the leaves for garnish)
- 1 shallot
- 1 lemon grass stalk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp Vietnamese curry powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
(If you don’t want to make you own paste just go for 2-3 tbsp of store bought Thai or Vietnamese red curry paste)
For the Curry
- 250ml vegetable stock (or water)
- 25 ml coconut cream
- 200g puffed tofu
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 350 g wood ear mushrooms, hard stems removed (or shitake)
- 2 sprigs dill
- 1/2 bunch sorrel, sliced thinly
- Thai basil leaves (optional)
- Coriander leaves
- 1 lime
- Pound all the ingredients for the curry paste in a motor and pestle until smooth.
- Slowly fry the paste in a pan with a splash of oil until it becomes soft and fragrant.
- Add the vegetable stock (or water) and bring to the boil.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms and tofu and cook for 10 minutes on a slow simmer or until the vegetables soften.
- Finish with coconut cream, picked dill and sliced sorrel.
- To serve, garnish with coriander, basil and like leaves.
- Squeeze some fresh lime in to lighten the whole dish up.
- Serve with steamed fresh rice noodles or steamed rice.